Friday, October 27, 2006

Dear Readers:

If you want to read the 10,000 words of Arrival, posted here in nine episodes, please go down the sidebar until you find Arrival, Episode One, and start from there. In time, you will be able to read a novel called Arrival, but it's WIP (work in progress) right now.

I must announce a switch of material for this ongoing serial. Nothing is wrong, but my publisher has expressed an interest in my turning this material, and the next 75,000 words that I've been writing this summer, into a novel. In consequence, I'm not going to be publishing any more on the blog; certainly not before it's rewritten for its new purpose.

I do have other material that comes from older novels, with scenes that I like too much to set aside, so over the next few weeks I will be revising and polishing some to post to this blog. As you may note, the serial was a new venture for me, and I've learned from it. (Mostly learned about me, perhaps.) I cannot write episodes and send them out as written, they have to be vetted a bit, and some revisions made. I have to write on further into the story to ensure the path they take is actually going the right way. Not that it was ever in doubt, but I'm no Dickens, who could write whole novels that were published in newspapers as weekly serials.

The Internet is a venue that most writers today find important to be represented on, so this blog is just one of my online ventures. I have links to my website and another blog somewhere in the sidebar. Most writers chat about their writing lives, and pass out information about their novels, written as well as in progress. Fine when they have published novels, but the first of my two that has been accepted may not hit the public before June 2007. I don't think I can expect any fan inquiries before readers have read my novels.

I didn't set up this site for any feedback (a mistake perhaps?) but you can get at me through the email address in my profile. If anyone wants to chat about writing, promotion of writing, or almost anything else, you could send me a note. Maybe I can post it on this blog until I'm ready to post a new serial.

Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home