Friday, July 06, 2007

A funny thing happened on my way to publication.

Not rib tickling funny, because it has upset my buildup toward the publication date for Deadly Enterprise. Everything seemed ready at the end of June for the novel's release, but the publisher wasn't able to complete the cover work before leaving on a trip. The promise is now for it to be the first work finished around the 15th of July.

I hadn't updated this blog for more than a month in the expectation I would soon be posting a release announcement. So you can take this as a non-release announcement. I really will post a new blog page next time, with the link to the novel as soon as I learn that it's up.

I had a blog interview with Cheryl Maladrinos posted on her site on June 26th at http://aspiringauthor.blogspot.com/2007/06/meet-author-christopher-hoare.html
She asked some good ‘stretching' kind of questions that made me come clean on writing triumphs and disasters of the past. Missing a publication date is by no means the worst experience of my writing history.

On the rest of the writing front . . .
I've added a blog entry to my Zumaya Publications page on Ning. http://zumayapublications.ning.com/profile/w1r2i3t4e5r6 The site is a new one for Zumaya authors and readers to meet, and I'm there because of my fantasy novel "Rast" that is signed for publication next year.

The blog is an exploration into the work needed before our space heroes can zoom about on new planets without getting lost. It's an aspect of reality that most SF authors gloss over, probably because not many of them are surveyors . . . and because all these epic creators would probably be the first people to get lost if they were to join their characters in the plot. It's titled "Space Adventurer crashes on Re-entry". Go and take a look at it.

I completed my horror story for the next Twisted Tales anthology at Double Dragon and sent it off to the editor. No reply yet – I hope it didn't give him a heart attack. Never tried writing horror before, but my local writing group declared it thoroughly nasty – in the way horror is supposed to be – and it gave me the creeps, so I'm hoping it'll make the grade.

Not sure how many more of my blogs and pages I will be able to bring up to date this week. I was asked to dig out my old survey equipment to mark a fence line location for someone (for money, so I can't put it aside.) I spent half of one day out GPS-ing some survey evidence and will be out again tomorrow. Will be fighting off the biting deer flies and sweltering in the hottest days of the year tomorrow. The things I have to do to finance my writing habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home